When you have a fully functioning financial website, which is live all the time, you need to anticipate and be prepared for risks such as hacking. Preemptive action will help you to prevent attacks from hackers on your financial advisor website.
Secure the financial website:
- You are basically giving an open invitation to a hacker by creating weak passwords. Create a password and username for the financial planner website which is secure (10 digit) and unusual.
- Usernames and passwords of the financial website should never be sent over email.
- Staff and writers should only have “Editor” access to the financial professional webpage.
- Enable comments on the financial website only when required. Moderate comments for the website for financial planners so that you don’t get blacklisted. Also ensure you delete comments for older financial webpage blogs.
- Check General Settings on Dashboard of financial advisor website and change it to the setting that prevents users from registering for the financial planner webpage.
- Additional precaution can always be integrated into the website for financial advisors so talk to your Developer about that.
- Backup the financial website and its database regularly. There are many plugins that can be used for this purpose.
- Check & update plugins & software of financial website monthly (Plugins for financial professional website need not be installed unless necessary). Remove un-used themes and plugins from financial webpage.
Secure your computer:
- Scan regularly to eliminate virus threats from financial advisor websites.
- Don’t login to your website for financial professionals on public WIFI.
- Visit financial webpages with caution.
- Use a strong and secure password for your home/office network.